PDA

View Full Version : 2013 DRV-new 5th wheeler

BeachMan
10-17-2018, 07:54 PM
Hi All,
I have been shopping for a high quality (new) 5th wheel under 40 ft and today bought a 2013 DRV Mobile Suites. Hopefully I didn't make a mistake but seemed like an awesome quality fifth wheel. I found out today that the previous owner installed the 3rd axle aftermarket, (I thought the 3rd axle was factory). After speaking with a rep from DRV I am convinced that this is a good thing by keeping pin weight about the same but adding additional payload capability.

Will be towing with a 2017 F-350 4x4 DRW 6.6l diesel, 4.10 axle

Any thoughts on the 3rd axle add would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Beach

Stripit
10-18-2018, 10:03 AM
Years ago when the factory installed the third axle it increased the pin weights because they just added the third behind the already installed two. Didn't shift the whole set forward like they could have. As I was told back then they only built 50 with the third set for one dealer down south.

wingnut60
10-20-2018, 06:56 PM
I believe Stripit is correct on the placement--you really need to get the unit weighed to see what your pin weight is.
If it was done correctly, I don't think it will add appreciably TO the pin, just won't take any off of it.
My '05 36" w/gen, w/d, had a PW of around 4400; current '15 38' has a PW around 4500. You should be ok with the new dually, but you do need to get all weights figured out.
Hope it turns out to be a good unit.
And, welcome to the forum.