PDA

View Full Version : Keystone Raptor

NomadicPaul
08-09-2018, 11:52 AM
After searching used fifth wheel trailers I discovered the "Raptor" What an awesome trailer, it seemingly has everything on my wish list.

While there is no way I can afford a new one, a 2008 to 2010 seems to be in my budget.

Anything I should watch out for with this model?

Notanlines
08-09-2018, 02:46 PM
DW and I had a Raptor for a little more than three years. We sold it and bought the Suites and never had a minutes trouble with it other than the China Bombs that came on it when new. Sailuns prevented any more damage.

NomadicPaul
08-09-2018, 05:05 PM
Notanlines, thanks for the reply. But what are "China Bombs"? I'm new to this.

Stripit
08-09-2018, 06:02 PM
China Bombs are talked about as the tires from China and normally are less quality and when the blow up they cause lots of damage to the trailer. If I was hunting for a used toy hauler I would be concerned as to how much of a load the trailer had been hauling. I never owned one but have known folks to really load them up and head off to the sand dunes. Looking at many before youbuy will help weed out the abused and worn out rigs.

NomadicPaul
08-09-2018, 06:12 PM
Stripit, Thanks for the information, that's exactly one of the reasons I join this forum. I would have been clueless.

My purchase time is in about 3 to 6 months, hopefully by then I will be able to weed out a bunch if the bad.

Except for going on one annual motorcycle run as a support vehicle my garage portion will just have a small woodworking shop. I think that's well within the acceptable weight.

Stripit
08-09-2018, 06:15 PM
I'm amazed at the stuff folks would cram into the garage area when they went off for a weekend or week trip. I also met folks that did as your talking, made a wood shop and made items to sell along their travels. One fellow made those routered out name signs and had a small spray booth for his painting. Nice set up.

orca
08-20-2018, 05:51 PM
Sailuns are also made in China but are getting reputation for makeing exelent tires at a reasonable price!

Whitewolf
08-20-2018, 07:02 PM
Are you going to get a Ford Raptor to pull it? :p Sorry, somebody had to be stupid. :rolleyes: