PDA

View Full Version : Tub question

NomadicPaul
08-07-2018, 07:47 PM
This may seem an odd question but bear with me.

Has anyone heard of or seen a walk in tub in a fifth wheel or other RV? There is a new one called the "Cube" that claims to fit into the space a standard shower stall occupies.

My first thought was weight. I emailed a rep and she said with a average sized adult it would take 45 gallons to fill. So adult (let's say 200 pounds being generous) and round up the gallons to 50 at about 8 pounds per gallon equals 600 pounds plus 140 for the tub itself. Total 740 pounds.

Could a 5th wheel floor hold that without serious base/floor reinforcment?

wingnut60
08-07-2018, 11:39 PM
I doubt the area is sufficiently reinforced to handle that load; lots of RV shower floors barely have support under them for an adult, and hear about lots of cracks showing up.
Even with support, it would mean a constant supply of water/larger heater and full hookups to use.
I suppose you have a particular reason to think about this, maybe it can be worked out.

NomadicPaul
08-08-2018, 07:45 PM
Wingnut60, thanks for the reply. I have had a traumatic brain injury and get very dizzy in a shower. I know I can use a shower chair but since 5th wheel showers are so small I was seeking other options

wingnut60
08-08-2018, 08:02 PM
If you don't already have a fifth wheel, check around for one with a seat formed in the wall--plenty of them to choose from. Might work for you?
Joe

louwho99
08-13-2018, 03:15 PM
It sounds like a shower with a molded-in or flip down seat would be a good idea for you. With the removable shower head, you can sit on the seat & have a good shower.
When you're looking at RV's, be sure to actually sit on the shower seat to be sure there's enough room for you.