PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding the They Ford Techma toilet

WRWGN
07-29-2018, 10:27 PM
Our coach has the Techford Techma toilet. Does anyone use a black tank chemical? I've been using Blue Power liquid chemical since we're in hot weather for odor control. However as a masseratimg toilet I really don't see a need for chemicals for any other purpose.

Any other opinions?

porkchop
07-30-2018, 08:02 AM
I've never used any chemicals. Just plenty water. In 15 yrs never a problem. Ever. With a macerator toilet there is no reason at all to use any. If you have odor problems then you have another problem. Good luck

Bill

WRWGN
07-30-2018, 01:17 PM
Thanks. My thoughts too. But after 40 years of RV'ing, I felt I failed to do something not putting any chemicals in. It's become 2nd nature.

Mtntrek
08-03-2018, 03:24 PM
Our coach has the Techford Techma toilet. Does anyone use a black tank chemical? I've been using Blue Power liquid chemical since we're in hot weather for odor control. However as a masseratimg toilet I really don't see a need for chemicals for any other purpose. Any other opinions?
I use something(s) to combat hard water effects etc. which is a personal preference. It's not going to send me to the poor house.
As you noted, tank deodorants are just that. Ever used a bus/plane/ porta- poti without them? So depending on your proximity to neighbors and draining frequency, it may just be common courtesy.

I don't feel the Techma (we have one also) is a part of the equation. they're still just vented holding tanks. The hotter they get the riper they smell.

WRWGN
08-04-2018, 05:27 PM
good point. thanx

porthole
08-04-2018, 08:41 PM
they're still just vented holding tanks. The hotter they get the riper they smell.

One of the key points to minimize orders is good venting. I didn't think to check vent pipe runs when I was at the factory. But, I only have one vent coming through the roof. I also haven't checked to see if the sinks are vented to a common stack or just using a Studor valve. Either way, a single 1.5" vent stack with multiple turns and bends is at best minimal venting.

Cummins12V98
08-05-2018, 12:23 PM
If you have any fans on you WILL be sucking odors into RV when flushing. It's called path of least resistance.

Mtntrek
08-09-2018, 02:04 AM
One of the key points to minimize orders is good venting. I didn't think to check vent pipe runs when I was at the factory. But, I only have one vent coming through the roof. I also haven't checked to see if the sinks are vented to a common stack or just using a Studor valve. Either way, a single 1.5" vent stack with multiple turns and bends is at best minimal venting.
Yeah one roof vent / stack is common, probably AAV on sink(s) traps.

porkchop
08-09-2018, 09:21 AM
DRV uses studor vents at all fixtures. The common vent for black and gray are for the tanks only. Tied together just above the black tank, depending on the lay out. Straight up and out. No twists or turns.

Bill

porthole
08-09-2018, 06:50 PM
Yeah one roof vent / stack is common, probably AAV on sink(s) traps.

Only looked at one sink so far, but it is an AAV only (galley sink).