PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help?

Rooks.Howard
07-25-2018, 04:42 PM
We just bought a 2008 wildcat 5wheel I’m have and electrical problems Some times when you turn a light on the electric goes off for about 30sec then back on? It’s like it just loses power then comes back on. Could it be the converter?

wingnut60
07-25-2018, 09:15 PM
Welcome to the forum.
Are the lights you refer to 12 volt or 120 volt?
Is it all electric going off or just the lights?
Suggest the first thing is to check the battery(s) condition/charge, then inspect/clean all the connections on the posts, being careful to not mix up the wires.
Once you make sure the battery(s) are ok and the posts/cables clean and free of corrosion, see if the lights work better.
The converter is there to use the incoming 120volt power and charge the batteries--all the 12volt items work off the batteries, not the converter.
If the same thing happens if not hooked up to 120volt (shore power) I believe it is bad connections and weak batteries.
Good luck.
Joe

Rooks.Howard
07-26-2018, 08:14 AM
Not for sure if there a 12volt or 120 volt but it loses power on everything. The battery cables are in good condition I pulled the battery out it was doing the same thing. I'm going to replace the battery is it possible that a dead cell would cause this? and would the 12 volt lights run off the converter with out the battery? Thanks for your help.
Rooks

mhbell
07-27-2018, 09:30 PM
Not for sure if there a 12volt or 120 volt but it loses power on everything. The battery cables are in good condition I pulled the battery out it was doing the same thing. I'm going to replace the battery is it possible that a dead cell would cause this? and would the 12 volt lights run off the converter with out the battery? Thanks for your help.
Rooks
I had a Bad Converter do the same thing. When we fully charged the batteries with a battery charger and load tested them, they were good. It was the converter not keeping the batteries charged up.
Mel

Rooks.Howard
07-30-2018, 07:28 AM
Thanks Mel
It was the converter camping world had one in stock for 199.00 easy replacement 4-wires everything works perfect now.

wingnut60
07-30-2018, 09:39 AM
Good to hear. Happy camping.

mhbell
07-30-2018, 10:10 AM
Thanks Mel
It was the converter camping world had one in stock for 199.00 easy replacement 4-wires everything works perfect now.
Good to hear. Glad you got it fixed.
Mel