PDA

View Full Version : Excited to be here

Rena
06-26-2018, 08:13 PM
We just purchased a Dodge 3500 Dually and a 2012 Mobile Suites fifth wheel. We'll do several weekends this year just to figure things out and then hit the road full time next July. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

wingnut60
06-26-2018, 09:15 PM
Plenty of truck--and a good unit.
Time to learn and get used to them.

Rena
07-02-2018, 03:19 PM
Looks like you have been RVing for a long while. Any hints you have will be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance.

Stripit
07-02-2018, 04:54 PM
My first tip is if you have a manual wind up tv antenna, we put a potato chip clip on it when it was not in use, to wind it down you remove the clip and put the clip somewhere very noticeable so when your packing up to leave the clip catches your attention and you make sure the antenna is wound down. Ask me why this became a normal operation for us shortly after the full time adventure started. Yep, needed a new antenna....

Notanlines
07-03-2018, 11:17 AM
That stripit, he's sharp SHARP! And of course, guess how I know.....:(

John Landry
07-03-2018, 02:00 PM
Rena, Enjoy your Full Timing Life. I'm jealous and wish you all the good luck and Happy Trails

Rena
07-04-2018, 10:08 PM
:DMy first tip is if you have a manual wind up tv antenna, we put a potato chip clip on it when it was not in use, to wind it down you remove the clip and put the clip somewhere very noticeable so when your packing up to leave the clip catches your attention and you make sure the antenna is wound down. Ask me why this became a normal operation for us shortly after the full time adventure started. Yep, needed a new antenna....

Thanks for the advice. I will try that and, hopefully, won't need a new antenna anytime soon!:D

elliott-maine
07-05-2018, 10:55 AM
Great truck and unit. If you will be traveling a lot, I recommend you have disc brakes installed, it the trailer doesn't already have them. The difference in satoppoing and the safety factor make this an excellent addition.