PDA

View Full Version : About to go full-time!

HelenL
06-16-2018, 11:47 PM
Hello! Our house sale is scheduled to close July 13. Then we will buy a fifth wheel and truck and go full time. We're very excited.

Stripit
06-17-2018, 06:27 AM
Hello! Our house sale is scheduled to close July 13. Then we will buy a fifth wheel and truck and go full time. We're very excited.
How exciting for you both, but we bought the rv and truck first, took a short trip or two to get ourselves adjusted as to what we really needed to take along with the fulltime adventure and what we could sell, leave or give away. The first year was constant adjustments, but it all worked out and we really loved the time on the road. We made it 8 years before buying a home again.

HelenL
06-17-2018, 02:50 PM
How exciting for you both, but we bought the rv and truck first, took a short trip or two to get ourselves adjusted as to what we really needed to take along with the fulltime adventure and what we could sell, leave or give away. The first year was constant adjustments, but it all worked out and we really loved the time on the road. We made it 8 years before buying a home again.
Wow! Good for you! I wish we could get the RV first, but we have to get the home sale money first.

wingnut60
06-20-2018, 11:16 AM
HelenL,
We were in a similar situation--used the house sale to pay off all debts and then On The Road. It will be a little different but workable. Try not to hang on to too much 'stuff' that will only cost money to store and then throw away later...
And, welcome to the forum.

HelenL
06-20-2018, 04:56 PM
HelenL,
We were in a similar situation--used the house sale to pay off all debts and then On The Road. It will be a little different but workable. Try not to hang on to too much 'stuff' that will only cost money to store and then throw away later...
And, welcome to the forum.

Thank you! That's good advice. The more we downsize the more I like getting rid of stuff. It's nice to know that someone else has done the same thing.

Ernie
06-26-2018, 04:22 PM
I have a 2006 Teton Fifth Wheel that has seen very little use it has been stored the past fife years and it is a Full Time Unit. I am getting out of RVing because of health problems. I also have a 2006 Ford F-350 Dually KingRanch with only 59,000 miles .Both units in excellent condition and I am asking 45,000 for the pair. They both are absolutely loallded.If you are interested and want more information please emai mt. Trailer cost 115,000 in 2006 and Truck was almost 54,000 thanks for reading.Ernie