PDA

View Full Version : Black Tank Sensor Indicator Lights

WhoDat
05-31-2018, 09:51 PM
Black tank continually indicates that the tank is 2/3 full. Tank has been drained. Tank has been flushed then completely drained again. Very confident all is good with the exception of an incorrect reading by sensors. Does anyone have advice on how to correct the issue? Thank you.

wingnut60
05-31-2018, 11:07 PM
You probably have the sensors that are inside the tank--they get covered with crud and read erroneously. There are some products that are supposed to remove all crud in the insides but results are not always different. Some people use bleach with some Dawn or Cascade and a partially full tank and move to next site--sometimes that works.
Might look into the SeeLevel gauges that have the sensors on the outside of the tank and don't get crudded up.
Good luck.
Joe

WhoDat
05-31-2018, 11:38 PM
Well that is annoying. Could be worse. I just read up on the SeeLevel. Thanks for the tip.

Stripit
06-01-2018, 05:25 AM
If you move to full hook up sites I used to dump at the site before leaving, then add Dawn dish soap, a couple of squirts, and a cup of Calgon water softener and about 10 to maybe 12 gallons of water. Traveled to the next park, 300-350? miles. After setting up would dump tank again and my internal sensors read correctly on the black tank. Every so often I did the same with the grey tank of the gauge read wrong. Worked well for us and the hardest thing was to find and buy the Calgon powder.

wingnut60
06-01-2018, 09:19 AM
That used to work for us on the '05 Suites--