PDA

View Full Version : Tire Pressure

OneReallyOldGuy
04-25-2018, 01:05 PM
I just took delivery of my new Ram dually. (For the record, I bought a Cummins diesel that just happens to be wrapped in a Ram package)
The door placard recommends a tire pressure of 80psi front and 65psi rear. The tires are stamped 80psi max single or dual. I’m thinking I should run the rears at 65psi per the door placard for general driving then pump em up to 80psi when towing. My pin weight will be a little over 3 grand.
Your thoughts?

Buckshot
04-25-2018, 05:02 PM
The numbers on the door panel are for max load. That is where I run mine when pulling my 5er. You can run them at 80 psi just makes for a harsher ride.

Doug

Muddflap
04-30-2018, 11:17 PM
I run 65 psi rear and my pin weight is close to yours.

I didn’t get the auto level option and am considering air bags to compensate for rear end sag. Do you have the auto level or air bags?

OneReallyOldGuy
05-01-2018, 05:47 AM
I’ve got the auto level air ride suspension. It’s got air bags and leaf springs. I haven’t gotten my trailer yet so I don’t know how well the system works under load. According to the owner’s manual the truck can be lowered an inch to level out the combination when towing, but again I don’t know how to use that feature sisnce I have nothing to tow yet.

Muddflap
05-01-2018, 09:33 AM
Understand about not having anything to tow yet. I wish I got the auto level option. I notice that other drivers flash their high beams at me while driving at night. The truck tows great but I’d like to get it a little more level when loaded.