PDA

View Full Version : I'm trying to identify the hitch that came with my truck

Benny C
12-29-2017, 03:15 PM
it has an RBW 'lil rocker 5th wheel plate (sliding bar type).
I can't find any data on the slider portion though.
can anyone help me out?

Rockyhud
01-02-2018, 11:13 AM
Hi Benny and welcome to the forum. Since it's been a few days and no responses, I'm guessing no one has any knowledge about this hitch. I can't help either other than suggesting you contact the company, presuming they're still in business - the RBW brand is not one I recognize. If they're no longer around my next best thought is to do a general search on the web by entering "RBW 'Lil Rocker 5th wheel plate" (without quotes) in your favorite search engine (google, etc.) and check out the various results from that. Good luck in your quest.

Notanlines
01-02-2018, 01:00 PM
Benny, give these people a ring and see what they say:

https://www.openfos.com/supply/2441750-RBW-INDUSTRIES-INC-in-Chino-CA/

Rockyhud
01-02-2018, 01:33 PM
I had a feeling others here with more RV knowledge would chime in to help. At least from the website Jim provided, it looks like a good place to start with.

Benny C
01-07-2018, 01:45 PM
The link provided doesn't go anywhere, and the phone number gets me to a recording that says the number isn't in service anymore.
RBW is the manufacturer of the pivoting 5th wheel, not the sliding portion, they have long since closed up shop.
I'd like to find out who made the sliding portion.
It does attach to an ISR setup.

Primo Rudy's Roadhouse
04-30-2018, 05:59 PM
I had the same hitch that came with my toyhauler. Looks to be 16,000 rbw. It also has the slider. It has a single bar that locks around the hitch pin. If I remember right, I found some information on the internet about it, enough to understand how to use it. I found it to be a serviceable hitch, although it made me a little nervous towing with the windows open because of the shifting noise. I had some trouble hooking and unhooking... the pin needs to be just right. About 1/4 inch space between the plates seemed to work best. I sold it after I got a "deal" on a "better hitch.

Benny C
05-01-2018, 07:10 AM
Yrah, it took a while but I found out it is indeed an rbw product. I have it in a 5.5’ box f150, with my long pin-box, I can almost get 90 degrees of “jack-knife”. Being a bar type of lock, there is a bit of movement but it works well. The ‘lil rocker plate on top is a tad fussy for connecting, but I like it.