PDA

View Full Version : Hello fellow 5er's!

CoMaddMax
11-18-2017, 05:08 PM
Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Max and we purchased our Toy Hauler this spring and live in Colorado. I used to camp when I was a kid with my parents in a pickup topper, no A/C, no heat and no toilet. We had a Coleman camp stove and cooler. We always took 2 weeks in the summer and traveled all over the country. We have 2 dirt bikes and 2 road bikes so we bought something we could bring the toys with. We covered over 7,000 miles this summer and are looking forward to more trips.

wingnut60
11-18-2017, 11:10 PM
Welcome to the forum....keep us up with your travels. Love to stay around Lake City/Creede/Gunnison whenever possible.
Joe

CoMaddMax
11-19-2017, 11:27 AM
We took a 1300 mile road trip over a 3 day weekend on our bikes and covered the back roads of western CO. We got caught in a hail storm on the north rim of the Black Canyon of the Gunnison. We had to stop and hide in the trees!

Rockyhud
12-01-2017, 11:10 AM
I know the Lake City, Creede, and Gunnison areas pretty well (hunted and 4-wheeled these areas numerous times over the years). Very picturesque no matter the season. It's amazing all the different types of topology and scenery that Colorado has within its borders - rugged mountains, high alpine mountain-rimmed valleys, open plains, you name it.