PDA

View Full Version : Tankless water heater

dmascheck
11-09-2017, 05:04 AM
Is it that hard to convert? I hear good and bad stories about them, but most are opinions.

Does anyone actually have one and I would love to know your experience! I have a 2006 King of the Road I'd like to put one in. MAYBE!

MASTERDRAGO
02-28-2018, 12:30 AM
I read somewhere, most likely the makers web pages, that they are easily converted from the original style. I don't know how they compare in the RV world, but they are super efficient. I put a very small tankless (Noritz NR501) on the outside wall next to an outdoor shower I made for my Joy. I quizzed the guy at Noritz about running it on a grill propane tank. He told me I would only get a few showers out of it. He was so wrong. It works beautifully, turns on with very low water flow, and a grill tank will provide 30-50 showers.

dmascheck
02-28-2018, 04:28 AM
Great news!

I want to replace the internal tank heater. They run from about $500 to over $1000 depending on brand. Wish I could find some definitive information on what brand to go with and why the $1000 one is better!

Mtntrek
03-02-2018, 02:36 AM
We'd highly recommend the Truma Aquago, zero problems, mucho satisfaction.
Over two yrs. full-timing with it.

http://www.trailerlife.com/tech/diy/truma-aquago/

dmascheck
03-02-2018, 04:15 AM
What was the cost of the unit? Any problems to date. Did you install the unit or you had some one install it?