PDA

View Full Version : Bighorn 3055

jayc
03-19-2006, 07:10 PM
I had made up my mind about the floor plan I wanted, the rear den design. I took my wife to look at trailers yesterday and she fell in love with the Bighorn 3055. This is a 34' rear living room model. We currently have a 33' Mobile Scout, so the sizes are very similar. The Bighorn does have a lot more storage, but I am hesitant about the size to live in full time.

What do the full timers suggest? Most that I know have trailers of 36' and larger, and that is the size that I was looking at, but she is confident that we can do fine in the 34 footer.

Like many others, I say that "if Momma ain't happy, nobody is....." but I don't want to spend a lot of money on something too small.

CampingCaptain
03-19-2006, 07:25 PM
I think the important thing to keep in mind if you are going to full-time is cargo carrying capacity (ccc). I have always been told that you should figure on 1500 lbs per person of cargo for full-timing. If the Big Horn model that you are looking at has that much capacity with all of the options that you want on it, you should be ok.

jayc
03-20-2006, 07:27 AM
Thanks for the reply Captain, that's what I had thought of too. And besides that, I can save money by not having to buy a Freightliner to pull the larger trailer with.

hitchup
03-20-2006, 08:45 AM
I just looked at the Bighorn floor plan on Heartland's site. Looks very "livable" to me. We had looked at the Heartland Landmark seriously last fall as a future replacement because of the Texas storage & insulation package. Then we found the Doubletree's at an RV show in Jan & went with the Elite Suite. We started out last year in an '05 40ft Open Road & found the 36ft+ we're in now actually gives us more living space. Best thing, our basement is now full of things that we had to keep inside other 5th wheel because of storage limitations.

jayc
03-20-2006, 03:07 PM
My wife was very impressed with the amount of storage in the kitchen. We were both surprised at the amount of space in the walk in closet in the bedroom. It actually is a walk-in closet with the clothes hanging rack and a shoe rack and shelves on either end.

douglynne
11-14-2007, 09:18 AM
We have a 3055 and love it. There are empty cupboards, there is so much storage space.

caddojay
11-14-2007, 09:33 PM
And...if you want even more space, have your dealer contact the factory to remove the oven. They will add 2 more large drawers where the useless oven was located.