PDA

View Full Version : Help

JustaGirLinThaWorLd
07-27-2017, 12:46 AM
Hello!
So I have a few have a questions here. I am purchasing a 35" fifth wheel in August that we will be residing in for a nearly a year while renovating our home. I am concerned about the winter weather coming so of course going to put in thermal flooring big I was also leaning toward a tiny wood stove. So, my questions are for those that have or had a small wood burning stove installed in an RV. I am looking at price ranges between $300-$450 and will do a decent amount of heating. Are they safe? Will they cause damage a fifth wheel roof? I have never owned a fifth wheel so I have MANY questions but figured I'd start with heating because as soon as I purchase the fifth wheel in a week or 2 I'll be checking these miniature stoves out and would love any input and links to any models worth buying. Thanks!!

wingnut60
07-27-2017, 05:35 PM
In 20+ years of looking at internet RV websites, I seem to recall maybe 2 wood stove installs, and both were in 'deer camp' situations.
I would be scared to do it, and I would bet that if your insurance company knew you have one, they would cancel the coverage...
But...you may get some answers better than mine from someone who knows more.

Welcome to the forum.

Joe

Stripit
07-27-2017, 05:36 PM
Wow I would think if I'm in a cold climate for a year knowing I was going to not keep the unit once the house was built I think I would rent an apartment or house close to the new home. Installing a wood burning unit into a 5th wheel is not something I would do. Yes cutting a hole in the roof to fit the stack could be done, but then your stuck with trying to fix it when you decided to sell the used trailer. How would you regulate the heat when you wanted to? Are the zoning laws there going to allow you to even do what your thinking of doing?

Bikersarge
07-29-2017, 01:11 PM
Yeah, agree what is said above....I wouldn't do it for a lot of reasons. Kind of risky.

Notanlines
08-18-2018, 06:35 AM
Electricity is the way to go. You are going to ruin what is probably a perfectly good RV and it will stink forever. Bad idea.