PDA

View Full Version : Where did they hide it?

Cworthy
07-24-2017, 10:25 AM
Hi -- I have very little suction on the central vacuum in my recently acquired 2003 Mobil Suites 36CK. After doing some research, I see that there must be a filter or filter bag somewhere, but I cannot find it.

If someone can tell me where to look, I would be grateful. My wife will be even more grateful ;)

Thanks,
Craig

Cummins12V98
07-24-2017, 01:17 PM
Open basement door door side slide open door inside on left, it's right there.

Stripit
07-24-2017, 01:54 PM
The bags are kind of expensive, I ordered mine on line and got bags of 3 vacuum bags for the Dirt Devil unit. Also check to see if the cap might be partially open at one of the drops and that would also cut suction.

wingnut60
07-24-2017, 05:53 PM
If its like my '05, it is where Cummins said--also mine was bright red with 'Dirt Devil' in logo letters. Don't want to squash your hopes, but even with new bags ours was barely useful. We have found the Mini Dyson much superior to using the builtin unit.
If you get it working, and have a friend with a Dyson or a Shark, run their unit after using the DD and you will probably get one for yourself.
We have a better builtin unit on our '15, but the Dyson still runs circles around it for pickup power.

porkchop
07-25-2017, 12:04 PM
We do use our built in unit for sweeping the floor and stuff but last year my wife bought a Shark Tornado. Wow is all I can say. What a machine and takes up little space hanging on the wall in the closet. Good luck

Bill

Mtntrek
07-25-2017, 04:24 PM
Ours is as Cummins12V98 describes, in center behinds the basement sliding panels.
Initially I found the small sliding hose port (enabling basement vacuuming) on the bag holding tray open causing no suction above.
It's still not much of a vacuum. We tend to use the floor sweep port under the stairs for the most part.
The Dyson stick has much better performance. We also keep a compact wet/dry vac on-board for those hope never happen issues.
Be well.

J&J plus a furkid https://www.thorforums.com/forums/images/smilies/sk/popcorn.gif
DRV Suites ES-38RSSA #9679
GM Denali 3500HD-Max 4x4, CC, LB, DRW

Cworthy
07-25-2017, 06:26 PM
My thanks to everyone for the comments and suggestions. I did find it, but it is near the center and not easy to access. Looks like a Dyson or Tornado is the way to go.

Craig