PDA

View Full Version : switching to water pump from city water

cougarman42
07-08-2017, 07:12 AM
I m so embarrassed to ask this but we bought a 2010 cougar last yr and am going to a state park with rustic site ie no water or electric, but I cannot find how to make water pump pressurize tank after I filled it. We have about 80 days camping with it but all full hookups. Where is valve(s) and what position ? This is on 324rlb 5er. Any help is greatly appreciated. Blessings on u all !!

wingnut60
07-08-2017, 07:51 AM
What is the setup you have for controlling the water pump? And the pump does not 'pressurize' the tank, it just is self-priming and suctions the water out to the pump, then pumps it to the outlet.
Have you located the "Water Pump" On switch? Or do you have the multi-position control in the service bay (where the water hose is connected)? Pics would help us help you...

Buckshot
07-10-2017, 10:00 PM
You may just need to be patient . It has to fill the water heater and all of the lines before it will pressure up and cut off.

You can by-pass the water heater and it will prime faster.

Some units have a series of valves that need to be set at a certain position for different functions. Can't help with this unless we have some pictures.