PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Houston

Red Dawg
05-19-2017, 10:30 AM
My wife and I just bought a new DRV Fullhouse and are about to jump in to being Full-timers. Plan to stay local for a couple of months until we get acclimated to this new life.

House will be on the market very soon so we are looking forward to this new chapter!

- Ron

wingnut60
05-21-2017, 08:00 AM
Welcome to the forum.
Thats a great trailer--what is the toy?
We close on our home 5/30 and begin our FT life....
Joe

Red Dawg
05-21-2017, 10:36 AM
Thanks, Joe

The toy is a BMW motorcycle, R1200RT. We also wanted the garage space for our hobbies, music production and stained glass.

During my discussions with DRV, they told me the JX450 is a 38RSSA with the couch removed and a garage attached. Apparently this floor plan is popular, because the 38RSSA and the JX450 are their most popular 5th wheel and toyhauler.

We also are close to putting our house on the market mid-June. Never realized how much work it would take to get rid of all this stuff! LOL

- Ron

wingnut60
05-21-2017, 11:34 AM
Yes, the floorplan is identical to ours till you get past the living area.

Who was the dealer? Any problems so far?

Joe

Red Dawg
05-21-2017, 11:50 AM
I had to search away from home to find a JX450 since I wasn't willing to wait 3 months to order. Dealer up in Denton has been good to work with so far - I haven't taken delivery yet, but they already found a problem with the fuel tank hose from the fill nozzle to the tank; got pinched on a cross member and fuel was coming back the wrong way on fill-up. They are presently fixing it.

Of course, I thanked them for checking this out before I found it for myself. So no complaints about the dealer so far. I will probably be picking it up in a couple of weeks when they are done with the repair.