PDA

View Full Version : Sealing the out side

Amurdock
01-04-2017, 06:00 PM
I have a 2013 Raven CK3300, I am considering re sealing the whole out side of the camper and would like some tips on how to do it. I have seen some videos but they look like a very long process, (removing all the trim, putting seal tape and then reinstalling the trim). I was thinking of removing the Dap from the molds and re Dapping it. What is the best answer?

Suite Sweets
01-04-2017, 07:33 PM
Use Dicor as your base caulk - it is extremely flexible. Self leveling may be appropriate on horizontal surface. But it really does run, you will not be able to use it on vertical service. See DicorProducts.com When you need black, use Dap 230, or Loctite polyseamseal black. Have a small roll of Dicor's EPDM tape handy. Wash first, Dove. Remove loose caulk with a plastic putty knife. OK to caulk over good caulk - rub down first with alcohol. And you're'right, it is a big job.

Suite Sweets
01-05-2017, 07:19 PM
I've been out caulking my unit, as well. I'm thinking that the yards and yards of linear caulk are to a significant degree, over caulking screws that penetrate the skin,. And I'm thinking that if mfg used neoprene washers (like roofing screws), that all of this caulk wouldn't be necessary. Don't the side panels 'lap' one another, like shingles ? Ideas anyone ?
Amurdock - not my intent to hijack your thread, but to expand on your question.