PDA

View Full Version : Ford Brake/ brake controller problem.

stanleyz
12-21-2016, 06:12 PM
14 Ford, 2005 mobile suites. Trailer brakes have stopped working. I'm in need of repair as I leave for florida on the 31st. Ford built in factory brake controller.

When the brake control is squeezed I have battery voltage and the trailer brakes work.

When I remove the voltage stopper from the breakaway switch I have battery voltage and the brakes lock.

When I push the brake pedal I have no voltage and the trailer brakes do not work and it's exciting.

I have checked one under hood fuse and two in cabin fuses which are all I can identify. All three are OK.

I am open to suggestions. Thanks Stan

wingnut60
12-22-2016, 01:37 AM
Stanley,
Do the brake lights work ok? If not, possibly the brake light switch on the pedal is bad.
If the lights work, then I have no more guesses...
Joe

stanleyz
12-22-2016, 07:17 AM
NEEEVEEERMMIND. Operator error. Boy do I feel dumb::: There is just a little voltage when parked. The brake controller doesn't get a signal below 12 MPH. I've known that for a long time and just had a brain fart. Alls well now except that when I was checking my truck fuses I pulled the two 5 amp and can't get them back in. I need those Ford only short mini fuses. I'm told they aree impossible to find. What's up with that.