PDA

View Full Version : Gray tanks

Lloydu
11-10-2016, 11:38 AM
Newbie here with another dumb question.
Where is the galley gray water pull valve handle? Thinking this 5er has 2 gray holding tanks. The owner's manual (copied) is poorly written and show no pictures of valve locations. Found the one in the water connection area. Desparate because the kitchen sink will not drain. Thx in advance.
Lloyd
2007 DRV Elite, 38' RL3

Cummins12V98
11-10-2016, 12:56 PM
Personally have not heard of a DRV with more than one Grey tank.

Look under RV for exposed 2" drain line running from rear towards main drain area?

Stripit
11-10-2016, 02:40 PM
You only have two handles, one for the black tank and one for the grey water tank. If the kitchen sink will not drain, you have a blockage under the sink. Just like a house you have a trap and you can unscrew them and check for what is stopping up the drain line. They are the white plastic pipe and no tools should be needed.

Lloydu
11-10-2016, 05:55 PM
Crawled under the 5er to look for another valve. None located. Decided to treat it as an old fashioned kitchen sink clog. Went to HF to buy a 25 ft snake, took off several elbows, ran snake and the water from a water hose. Problem resolved! Another line item done. Yahoo!
Thank you all for your help.
Lloyd

Stripit
11-10-2016, 06:03 PM
Glad that was a simple fix, but 25 ft seems like a lot of snake...the water hose might have been enough of a way to blast the clog out??

Cummins12V98
11-10-2016, 06:12 PM
Personally I would remove the "P" trap then snake if that does not solve the problem.

anijet
11-11-2016, 09:25 AM
Personally I would remove the "P" trap then snake if that does not solve the problem.

Sounds like he did when he says "took off several elbows".

Cummins12V98
11-11-2016, 07:48 PM
Sounds like he did when he says "took off several elbows".

Never thought of that as I don't consider a "P" trap an elbow.

But I did say I would remove the "P" trap THEN snake if that did NOT fix the problem.

As in NOT buy a snake until verifying "p" trap is not the problem.

Thanks

Lloydu
11-17-2016, 07:29 PM
The P trap is what I checked first. The clog was further down the line. The 25' snake was indeed overkill but it was just a few bucks more and I'm the type that doesn't like to back and forth to the store.
Thank you all for your replies.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!