PDA

View Full Version : Water pressure on F/W

pterrydactyl
10-14-2016, 06:48 PM
If my unit is plumbed with PEX and it's used on residential homes why do I have to limit my water pressure to 40-45 psi? I'm not suggesting that it shouldn't be regulated. Just why is 40-45 psi the Holy Grail of pressure. The old gray tubing isn't there.

netjam
10-14-2016, 09:18 PM
I'd say go with whatever you are comfortable with. I have been told that rv systems are tested to 100 psi. (not sure if that's true) In my first 5er anything over about 40 caused leaks. I kept repairing but a new leak would occur somewhere else so I just used a regulator set at 40. Seemed to be OK after doing that. My next 5ver was better but again I occasionally got leaks when running above 50. Keep my regulator set at 40 and things are fine. I don't often use the water pump but that can cause problems as some (like in my first 5er) can produce significant pressure.

wingnut60
10-15-2016, 09:02 PM
I have rarely used a regulator--once in WY when they gave me one when I checked in; once when I was told it was 120psi. Other than that, haven't had a leak since bought used in '07. Any of these units can have a bad water connection, and maybe the best time to find out is soon after purchase; traveling can also cause a leak.
I feel that 60psi is ok to use without a regulator.
Joe

pterrydactyl
10-20-2016, 08:59 PM
Thanks to you who replied about my water
Pressure concern. I purchased a new regulator. Will work with it and try some different pressures.