PDA

View Full Version : 12V lighting problems

cocobolo
10-08-2016, 10:06 PM
I suddenly experienced power problems to my lights in the kitchen and living area slide outs. The problem is a short the blows the fuse on one side and no power or blown fuse on the other side. I replaced the blown fuse and several days later it blew again. So, I started by check my slide wiring on that side by isolating the feed and running a new pair on the floor. Seemed to work ok until I went on a short trip and it blew another fuse. I am ruling out wiring as the cause at this point.

Could this be related to;

1. Spurious problems with the fuse board, or
2. Faulty wall switches leaving an open circuit with occasional short circuit?

The switch are rocker type wall mount and I can't figure out how to pull them out without considerable prying force. Does anyone have any experience with a similar problem and how to you remove the switch without causing marring on the wall?

Thanks for any help provided.

Buckshot
10-17-2016, 08:20 PM
The rockers should have a plastic cover that just pops off to expose the screws.

lensmanicu
04-28-2019, 04:20 PM
Check the inside of cabinet where the user controls are located see if there is a user removable panel. If so that should give you access to internal wiring of the rocker switches. Most wiring runs thru voids of spaces. Good luck

Notanlines
04-29-2019, 05:33 PM
Lens, you probably already figured out this post is going on 3 years old. And, the OP never came back.....kind of makes him a spoilsport. :rolleyes:

lensmanicu
05-01-2019, 12:07 AM
Oh yes just offering info for others who might be interested

SamIam
05-01-2019, 11:39 AM
The more you know lol thanks

batchbuilder
05-25-2019, 03:07 PM
I bought 2018 MS last year its a RSSA. the led lights over the island are flickering ,that is they take turns , very annoying
I'm thinking of replacing them has any one had this problem
Thanks

wingnut60
05-25-2019, 08:47 PM
Check with DRV, known problem. They will probably send you some replacements.

wingnut60
05-25-2019, 08:52 PM
batchbuilder, check lower forum section DRV/Doubletree for some info that may help you.