PDA

View Full Version : Passengers

buckeyenut
09-25-2016, 02:43 PM
New to this forum but I have a few questions. I see that there are laws in some states about passengers riding in 5th wheels. How rough is the ride while back there? Is it even tolerable? Also while riding, are you able to use any utilities (gas,electric,water, etc.)?

Looking for a 5th wheel so I'm trying to get as much information as I can. Any additional tips or thoughts would be helpful.

Finally, as far as a good truck to pull with. A 2016 RAM 2500 Big Horn (gas) good enough?

Thanks,

wingnut60
09-25-2016, 03:52 PM
Can't answer to the truck--but as to riding in the fiver: Probably ought to find a friend who has one and ask him to drive around while you ride in it. That will get the answer...
And just because you are allowed to--do you ride in your current vehicle without the seatbelts fastened? How would you handle that?
Not a good idea at all.
Joe

Stripit
09-26-2016, 07:01 AM
I don't think I can recall seeing any seat belts in any 5th wheel trailers and even though some states seem to say it is OK, not in my book. Seeing some photos and videos of the destruction left after a trailer is involved in an accident, I can't think anyone would want to be in there while underway. The suspension of a trailer is not at all like a motorhome or regular vehicle, and communication between the passengers and the truck would be needed just to hear them complaining!!