PDA

View Full Version : New to DRV

rvndave
09-08-2016, 03:30 AM
Hi everyone, just purchased a new to us 2008 Mobile Suites 36TK3. I looked it over yesterday and was amazed at the quality, the extras, all the storage, and how the HVAC and plumbing system were installed. I was also surprised at how much rv you can get for your money! I do have a few minor repairs but for a 9 year old rig it is in amazing shape. Hope I didn't miss anything!!!! I would like to ask the first of what maybe many questions. There are two switches under the thermostat that I could not determine what they controlled. Anyone have any ideas?

wingnut60
09-08-2016, 09:11 AM
I have an '05, same model--not sure which switches you refer to, as mine does not have any below the stat. Pics? Several times the switches for the scare lights can be hard to figure out, and the switch that controls the stairway light is also an odd one to figure, but that would only be a single switch.
Hope yours does as well as ours has over the 9 years we've had it.
Joe

rvndave
09-08-2016, 08:58 PM
I don't know how to post a picture on this forum. There are two brown rocker switched right under the thermostat.

wingnut60
09-08-2016, 10:17 PM
Another guess might be holding tank heaters if your trailer has the Canadian package--do you have 1 or 2 furnaces?
Joe

rvndave
09-09-2016, 06:06 PM
I remember only one furnace. We bring it home Wednesday I'll be able to look it over closer once it's home. Any idea how I post a picture?

rvndave
09-09-2016, 07:49 PM
http://www.5thwheelforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_21518_0_c6ac89fa3555d67868bd42e789d948d5.jpg[/URL][/IMG
The two switches in question are the brown rocker switches under the thermostat. I made a photobucket account so I could post pictures.

oldbird
09-09-2016, 09:09 PM
Docking lights! I have the exact 5er!

And the briefcast is full of money ;)!

wingnut60
09-09-2016, 09:28 PM
Yes, I believe those switches are the docking/scare lights. My stat isn't in the closet is what threw me off.
Turn the switches on and go outside and look at the big lights at the upper corners of the trailer--they should be on, left switch is driver side, right switch is pass side. Let us know what you find out.

as to photos:

How to add photos to a post
Click reply and scroll down to bottom of text box.
Click "go advanced" add text to message window and then scroll down.
Click "Manage attachments" A separate window will pop up.
Click "browse" Then select the file to be uploaded. Be sure that the photo is appropriately sized. 800 x 600 pixels (or smaller) and no more than 400K is recommended. Forums software will automatically reduce the size, but smaller size photos will upload much faster. You may select several photos to upload at the same time by repeating the last step.
Click "Upload" After pics have loaded close the pop-up window
Click "submit reply" to mount the text of your message - photos will automatically appear at the bottom of your post.

About attachment storage limits

When you upload a copy of an image file (or other attachment) it is stored on our servers. We highly recommend that you reduce file sizes before uploading them to posts and threads.

How to embed an image stored on another site:
You can do this by using image tags. Upload the image to a service like imageshack and then copy the URL of the image and put that between tags. That will work well, as long as the host site stays in business and doesn't disable your image for overuse of bandwidth etc.

You can also paste in the location of a photo stored here in a photo Album.

To do this: Paste the url of the image into your post. Then add the following code on either side of the url (with no extra spaces):

[IMG]url here

The image will appear where the url was in your text.

rvndave
09-10-2016, 04:59 AM
Thanks wingnut! Picking up the rv in a few days will confirm if these are for the lights.

rvndave
09-20-2016, 08:11 PM
You guys were right on, the switches are for docking/scare lights! Thanks for saving me a lot of looking.