PDA

View Full Version : Air Conditioning Duct

papaducky
08-20-2016, 09:54 AM
Hi everyone,

I have a question for all the DRV owners. Is your AC duct one zone or is it divided into two zones?

I have a 2017 38 RSSA Mobil Suite, and the duct feels like it is plugged. I had a 2014 and it was one duct, and when I had both AC units running you could feel the difference in the living area, and bedroom.

I have talked to the factory and they tell me it is one duct, but the dealer will not agree.

Please send me some info.

Thank You
Papaducky

missourijan
08-20-2016, 01:34 PM
Don't know which duct you are talking about but we have had a 2007 Select Suite and now a 2012 MS. Both had 2 zones, one that cooled the LR and bathroom and one that cooled the bedroom.

porkchop
08-20-2016, 03:12 PM
The ductwork in all DRV products is common. There may be 2 different zones on your t-stat and 2 seperate cooling units, but only 1 set of ducts. It is a modified H. Modified because of the bathroom.

Bill

wingnut60
08-20-2016, 10:34 PM
It has happened that a duct was blocked during construction, or not connected. As mentioned, the ductwork is a modified H design, and both ACs are on the system. It works so that the LR AC exits mainly into the living area, and the BR AC mostly into the bedroom. If you make the effort, when either one of the ACs is running, you should be able to feel a small amount of flow out of the other area ducts.
Do you fully understand the zone system?
Joe

papaducky
08-20-2016, 11:19 PM
Wingnut60
Thank You for the info, I understand Zone 1, Zone 2. My question was the ducting. I have service people for DRV that don't. Just trying to get enough info to make them understand.

papaducky
08-21-2016, 06:44 PM
Hi again,
More info on the Mobil suite AC duct work.

Today I did a little diagnostic air flow survey, and to no avail I had no airflow to or from the bedroom Duct. Upon further inspection I found that the duct just inside the bedroom door was separated, the ducts were stacked on top of each other, no way to flow through them. Someone had tried to repair it during construction but it failed. Now comes the tough question do I live with the temporary fix that I did, or do I bring it back to DRV?
I am confident that my repair will be as good or better than theirs. What do you think?

papaducky

Barlow46
08-21-2016, 09:39 PM
Sounds like a no brainer to me. At least you will know where to look if it fails again.

Cummins12V98
08-22-2016, 12:13 PM
If you are confident in your own repair leave well enough alone!!!