PDA

View Full Version : SuperGlide hitches and Trailair pin boxes

CampingCaptain
01-12-2006, 05:26 PM
I am leaning toward purchasing a Mobile Suite when we retire in 2007. I think I would like to order it with a Trailair pinbox. I haven't made up my mind as to whether to go with a short bed or long bed body on the tow vehicle.

I am wondering if anyone has any experience with using a Trailair pin box and a PullRite SuperGlide hitch together. Both of these products appear to give very desirable results but with the SuperGlide you have to add a plate to the pin box and I was wondering if it is possible to attach this to a Trailair?

Thanking all who answer in advance.

47hook
01-13-2007, 12:12 PM
I have a 2004 Alfa Ideal and have a Trailair Pinbox and we pull it with an 03 GMC Duramax/Allison short bed and SuperGlide hitch. Works fine, would suggest that you not weld the adapter plate to the pinbox. The supplied nuts/bolts work fine and in a pinch you could unbolt the adapter and this would allow you to tow the 5er with a regular type hitch. I have been having some clunking issues with the SuperGlide but the company has been great to work with me. Now have about 15,000 miles towing, 70,000+ miles on the GMC.

We are also contemplating an Elite Suites or Teton in the semi-near future.

billr
01-14-2007, 06:57 PM
Bryan, PM sent.

MDTdriver
01-15-2007, 11:29 PM
I do not have the full ansure but I have the Trail Air pin Box for 4 years on two 5er's. A 1 ton and now MDT which had an air ride hitch which I have blocked up for non movement. My 5er is a Prowler AX6 at 16,000lbs with 3,000 pin. I have herd of pin box problem with this 5er but in 3 years I have had no problems, which I think the Trail Air is the saving part for us.
I hope this helps in your planning of retirement.
We have been on the road for 7 years.

Larry & Kathy

kennethwooster
10-08-2009, 10:45 PM
I use the Super Glide hitch but with the Mor Ride pin box. Really makes a great combination. Takes all the bucking and banging out of pulling.

#1FAN
10-19-2010, 08:50 PM
I just got rid of my wildwood 5er and im looking at a 1998 30RK Alfa Ideal to replace it. I used the Quick Connect capture plate on the old one and im wondering if i can re-use the same plate? I would of just got measurements off of the new camper, but he has a goose neck adaptor on the king pin, so that idea is out. If someone could just give me the maker of the pin box or the measurements that i need to see if the Quick Connect plate will work that would be great..

Thanks,#1FAN