PDA

View Full Version : Replacement shocks for Pilgrim Int. Legend 5th wheel

mike0723
04-20-2016, 05:58 PM
We have a 2007 Pilgrim Int. Legend 5th wheel with bad shocks. I've tried all the RV shops and auto part stores in our area and no one can find a replacement. Attached is a picture. Anyone had a similar problem and has a part number. Thanks.

wingnut60
04-20-2016, 07:53 PM
Go to the Monroe shock website and look for RV shocks--I think 99% of all of RV shocks are Monroe, and probably only 2 shocks to choose from based on length of travel.
Joe
Somewhere on this forum are the actual shock numbers in one of the posts.

mike0723
04-21-2016, 04:36 PM
Wingnut60,
Thanks for heading us in the right direction. On the Monroe website, it stated O'Reilly Auto Parts was a big outlet. I took off a shock and brought it to the local O'Reilly store. The old shock had no part number but they were able to figure out which one by measurements. They found the shock in the Monroe catalogue and four hours later I had four new shocks.
By the way, for any one else needing shocks for 2007 Pilgrim Int. Legend, it's Monroe 31176.

wingnut60
04-21-2016, 05:29 PM
Glad you got set up ok, and thanks for posting the number. Sooner or later, someone will need it...
Another shocking item I have figured out the hard way----consider using a 2nd nut on the upper mount, or use a nylnut--several of mine have come loose over the years until I started adding a lock nut.