PDA

View Full Version : TK3--Peninsula to island

wingnut60
04-04-2016, 09:05 PM
I have been asked several times about having the TK3 modded to a CK3? Not sure what the island was called back then. Am attaching some pics of what it looks like since removing the peninsula connection and remaking into an island.
The work was done at Cross RV in Lagrange, IN, in 2009 I believe, and the cost was something like $1100 if I remember correctly.
Any questions, just ask.

oldbird
04-06-2016, 05:54 PM
Very nice Joe, my wife and I are considering this! Thanks for putting up the pictures!

wingnut60
04-06-2016, 06:10 PM
I don't believe this is too tough for someone who has carpentry skills. The hard part is the cut on the Corian countertop and getting a mortise in that looks original. If you look close, you can see where the cut started on the countertop, and the pics don't show any closeup of the resulting 'mortise' which is not a true mortise, but a piece cut off the other portion not used. It really isn't noticeable unless you know to look for it.
We really liked the floorplan when first we got it, but gradually we found ourselves in each other's way, or the dogs were trapped and underfoot with the blocked end.
We feel it is much more livable now, movement from front to back can be done without going around the end of the counter.
If we could afford a newer unit, we would not consider the peninsula floorplan again.
Hope this helps.
Joe

terry and jo
04-14-2016, 08:57 PM
Since I'm not familiar with that model year and the TK3, what is that black appliance looking thing in the bottom of the island? Is that some kind of microwave or something?

Terry

wingnut60
04-14-2016, 09:31 PM
Ahh, Terry, you have noticed my capacitative/inductive muffler bearing--better known as a dishwasher. It was in the trailer when we bought it used. My wife would not now be without one if we get another fiver. Small, but very convenient when have full hookups.
Newer Suites have a much larger Fisher-Paykal brand, ours is something else that I can't recall right now.

oldbird
04-14-2016, 09:52 PM
I contacted Paul & Kay Cross about doing this job and the reply was 'what color interior do you have'. I answered them three times and no reply since. Maybe they just got busy so I'll have to have patience.

wingnut60
04-15-2016, 07:46 AM
Not sure why the delay, but they probably need the interior info to see if they have some matching paneling around.
What interior color do you have--I think there were 2 woods, cinnamon maple and oak, maple being the darker of the 2 and probably the most common color.
I also have a spare kitchen table and 2 complete drawer assemblies if your interior is maple and you ever need a replacement.
Joe

oldbird
04-15-2016, 09:33 AM
Yes, mine is Maple and thanks, I'll keep that in mind. We are going to try and book something way in advance because they are so busy this time of the year.

Joezilla
04-15-2016, 11:49 AM
When Paul did our dishwasher and residential fridge install on our previous unit, we contacted them in May for an October appointment.

Joe