PDA

View Full Version : Attn DRV Fullhouse Owners

RVHD2018
11-07-2015, 05:11 PM
My wife and I approaching retirement, and plan to full-time. We will be taking our Harley with us, so are very interested in the DRV Fullhouse. Having looked at Toy Haulers exhaustively for the past few years, we are very impressed with the Fullhouse, both for it's practicality, solid construction, and beauty. We live in Southern Az, and there are essentially no dealers anywhere around here...plus, these are not inventory units, but mostly custom built to order. We might be heading to their factory in Indiana this next year for a tour, but until then, we would really love an opportunity to walk through one, and talk to some owners.
If you own a DRV Fullhouse, and will be within 300 miles of Tucson, please reply and let us know if you would be willing to host a tour. I know this is much to ask, but hopefully you understand as well.

Chuck and Kara
Tucson, Az
Shafferff@gmail.com
520-940-3909

Walt
11-07-2015, 06:12 PM
There is a dealer in Lake Havasu City ,AZ. Sunshine RV. http://www.sunshinerv.com/

kannon
11-09-2015, 10:23 PM
If you don't mind Harley outside,you could look at hydralift.They attach to frame of 5th wheel.Im considering this as I only have 1 bike to haul and don't need extra garage space.

missourijan
11-10-2015, 10:47 AM
Isn't there a dealer in Mesa? Rolling Retreats in Elk City, OK has a couple on order. Not much help are we.

wingnut60
11-10-2015, 10:59 AM
Not much help, but there appears to be one in stock in Indio, CA, that might be within driving distance. Southwest RV.
Joe

RVHD2018
11-10-2015, 05:36 PM
I had a chance to talk to Kyle at DRV in Howe, IN yesterday, and confirmed some suspicions...they have only made about 50 units total, and it will be next year before anyone starts to inventory them. Most dealers would like to have one to show, but just not there yet.
I have a lead on a guy in Az, just waiting to hear back from him. In reality, we are looking forward to the factory tour, and will likely get to see plenty while we are there.
Thanks to everyone for responding, and hope to be part of this group in the future.

Chuck

RVHD2018
11-10-2015, 05:41 PM
Hey Kannon, we have considered that, but it won't work for several reasons. One, tough to find a unit that can hold that lift, and can be mounted without voiding a warrantee. Also, we plan to trade for a trike when retirement occurs. We don't like giving up valuable living space for the garage, but have found multiple ways to make good use of that space...plus, the Fullhouse appears to be very spacious, even with the garage...and there is that thing about really loving your bike!

Alie and Jim
11-10-2015, 08:58 PM
I had a chance to talk to Kyle at DRV in Howe, IN yesterday, and confirmed some suspicions...they have only made about 50 units total, and it will be next year before anyone starts to inventory them. Most dealers would like to have one to show, but just not there yet.
I have a lead on a guy in Az, just waiting to hear back from him. In reality, we are looking forward to the factory tour, and will likely get to see plenty while we are there.
Thanks to everyone for responding, and hope to be part of this group in the future.

Chuck

Check Kansas RV center. Mike has 2 in stock I believe. Might be worth the plane tickets.

kannon
11-10-2015, 10:52 PM
I may purchase a fullhouse still studying.I contacted drv last week about hydralift on a model 39 and they were not sure about mounting. They stated will get back to me with answer.Looks to me like most hydralifts on 5th wheels need 3 axles.New horizons offers hydralift as option from factory but their out of my price range.Please keep us (me) posted on your fullhouse findings I may go that direction with smallest garage.Good luck and happy house hunting!

pmwoodward
12-01-2015, 03:48 PM
Hi Chuck,
Just a thought, if you offer to allow DRV owners to boondock at your home they may end up right at your door!