PDA

View Full Version : Fiver insulation

pterrydactyl
10-20-2015, 10:30 PM
First posting. Have decided to remove the underbelly barrier todo some work . I need to replace the sewer valve and while I'm at it I want to add some insulation underneath. Any suggestions how to secure the insulation board?

Also the heat duct is ill fitting and leaks so bad that little heat enters the bedroom. The storage area get HOT.
Where2 part come together one part buckles in opening a big gap. I thiught I would add some double stick foam tape and then screw or pop rivet them together.

Any other suggestions or comments appreciated.

billr
10-21-2015, 08:06 AM
When I did work inside the underbelly, replaced the insulation with pink fiberglass.

The belly panels come open at the edges and I just make access openings where needed like a drop down door of sorts that stays attached at inside edge. I use strips of thin plywood to place on the seems and then screw along both seems. Using metal self drilling screw then along frame edge along with the U trip thats already there. Seal seems with sealant.

Never an issue. Works fine for me.

pterrydactyl
10-25-2015, 10:45 PM
Billr- thanks for the reply. That's about what I had in mind to do. I was thinking if installing thick styrofoam-like insulation especially on the underside of the flooring. Would glue and thin metal strips work out?
The ducting is so agap that I can reach up and put my hand inside. So, I was thinking if removing the duct and closing the chasm with double stick foam tape. I would use sheet metal screws or pop rivets to close the chasm. Any comments any one?

billr
10-26-2015, 12:35 PM
What ever seems to work on the ductwork. Mine has been ok but lots have the same issue. A friend spent winters in AZ fixing those for folks.

pterrydactyl
10-26-2015, 12:47 PM
I'll be in Bullhead City, is he still around(BIG GRIN)?
Thanks for the reply. I think I have my hands full.