PDA

View Full Version : If Not Cardinal, Then What?

sfsgm
09-30-2015, 03:58 PM
I have owned two Cardinal fifth wheel trailers (I still currently own one). I am wondering, given a second choice (or perhaps first choice) would recommend a different brand of "luxury" trailer for full-time camping for a retired couple? If so, what would that be? I ask because we are in the process of replacing our 2006, 31 foot Cardinal LX.

wingnut60
09-30-2015, 07:14 PM
Since owning 2 of them, I would think that would be your first choice to work on...
Jayco Pinnacle or new Designer might be worth a look. Lifestyle maybe?
Joe

Stevencoles
10-02-2015, 09:36 AM
Take a serious look at DRV, overall the owners comments on this forum lean toward positive, but there are issues, but sure seems like every brand has issues. As far as overall sturdy frame construction and insulation it will be hard to top DRV. They also do a nice job on the overall decorative scheme on the interior. No matter what, be sure your choice is covered by warranty if you are going to go full time. Also make sure you have the right tow vehicle, DRV is very heavy due to the stacked frame.

wingnut60
10-02-2015, 02:23 PM
I would have suggested DRV, but the weight will be much higher than any Cardinal.
Certainly DRV should be named when asking about 'luxury' brands.
Joe