PDA

View Full Version : Pick up my first 5th wheel in two weeks

Army pilot
08-13-2015, 08:04 PM
So I retire from the army in 6 months and for the last 2 or so years the wife and I have talked about getting a 5th wheel once I retire. Well about a month and a half ago some neighborhood kids burned down our house with fireworks. Rather rebuild the house then try to sell it in 6 months as well as dealing with renting a place that will allow dogs. We decided to up our timeline on a 5th wheel and jump right into being full timers.

I am not new to forums and I know there is a lot of good information and experience to learn from so here I am. I look
Foward to getting to know people on here and learning. Thanks

hitchup
08-17-2015, 12:34 PM
We've stayed near many Military Bases with Soldiers as our neighbors.

Talking with a few, they are fulltiming because it makes it easier to attend schooling and take their families.

MooseSuite
08-18-2015, 12:12 PM
My favourite state Texas, what wonderful people we have met on our travels in this great state. Enjoy your stay in your new home, so sorry about the loss of your last home.
Whether touring or staying in one spot, you will meet all kinds of folks in a campground or trailer park.
As well, I know, many who have set up their trailers in remote places with no neighbours. I love wilderness camping, canoe and tent. But the wife like the amenities.
Any questions on your 5 er let's hear them.