PDA

View Full Version : Rubber Roof Treatment

rperrym
07-20-2015, 09:14 AM
I can not find any information on how to take care of the MS rubber roofs.
We bought a used one and although it seems to be in great shape, I would like to extend its life as much as possible.
I would appreciate any advice on how you take care of your roof.
Thanks,

Rick

Willym
07-20-2015, 11:23 AM
I clean mine twice a year with laundry detergent or a household cleaner like Spic & Span, or Simple Green. I tried a treatment once, I think was ProtectAll's roof treatment, and it made no difference to how the roof stayed clean/resisted chalking. If you go to Dicor's website, it has a lot of information on rubber - both EPDM and TPO roofing. I don't get too worried about the appearance of the roof - you can't see it from the ground.

rperrym
07-20-2015, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the info. I will check their website.

Rick

MooseSuite
07-20-2015, 03:15 PM
Agree keep it clean, which avoids mould and mildew and inspect seams and joints when you clean and repair as necessary.

Never used any sealant on my 5 RVs over the past 30 years. yup I'm old.

rjohnsonnm
07-20-2015, 10:53 PM
I have cleaned mine once per year for 10 years with Murphy's Oil Soap and it looked great. Then It was suggested I use Protect-All Cleaner and Protectant. So, I did it about a year ago.Now my roof is slipperier than snot and has black streaks imbedded in it - it looks like crap. I spent 4 hours scrubbing it on Friday and it still looks bad. Protect-all is garbage. I don't know if the integrity of the roof is compromised, but it just looks horrible. When I sell it I'm sure it will give potential buyers pause. (The attached picture shows what it looks like now, with a small area cleaned with a "magic Eraser Sponge")

rperrym
07-21-2015, 06:08 AM
Thanks for the reply.