PDA

View Full Version : Keypad Lock

sprehoda
12-14-2014, 02:34 PM
When I push 5-5-5 to lock my door I hear a loud click like always before only now the door does not lock.

I have to use the key to lock with the deadbolt.

When I enter my unlock combination I again get a loud click but the door was not locked.

Any suggestions to fix this?

Steve Prehoda

wingnut60
12-14-2014, 07:43 PM
Have you tried to activate the lock with the door open to see if the bolt is engaged and coming out? If it works with the door open, then there is a restriction in the bolt movement (alignment) not allowing the bolt to engage the striker plate when the door is closed.
If the bolt does not come out with the door open, then there is a problem in the mechanism inside the lock.
Check with the door open, that will give you an idea where the problem lies.
Joe
However, I am basing this on my own aftermarket lock--if the door has to be closed for the lock to work, my ideas don't apply.

sprehoda
12-15-2014, 11:06 AM
I assume the deadbolt is supposed to come out when locked.

In any case it does not come out or lock with the door open so the next step is to take off the keypad and have a look inside.

wingnut60
12-16-2014, 05:03 PM
Seems like I have heard the keypad is supplied power thru the door frame? Or is is battery powered?
Again, not sure if door has to be closed for lock to operate. My aftermarket Lippert lock is battery powered and works regardless whether the door is open or closed.
Joe

Dogpaws
05-18-2015, 03:39 PM
What brand is your lock. Ours is a Baur and is very sensitive to low battery power. Ours stopped locking and unlocking, so I changed the batteries and we were back in business again. When I checked the batteries that I removed with a battery checker, they showed at the low end of the green "good to go" area, but above the yellow area. Because of the sensitivity to less than acceptable voltage, I installed the best quality Duracells that I could find.

chevman
05-19-2015, 11:28 AM
Good chance the dead bolt is hitting the latch plate and not going into the hole. Easy to see this if that is the problem. I have seen this problem many times.

chevman

HOWITTRO
05-30-2015, 06:06 PM
Is this a factory installed lock from DRV?

sprehoda
06-07-2015, 12:23 PM
Both the keypad and actuator were DRV installed.

Greg Vaughn had the supplier replace both free.