PDA

View Full Version : Tradition cabinet hinges

bubbagin
04-08-2014, 07:46 AM
Anyone had experience fixing cabinet door hinge falling off. Tried to put it back and tighten the screw but fell off again.

netjam
04-08-2014, 10:27 AM
Sounds like they still use the European hinges I had on my 07 Elite. The mounting holes were too big. I used gorilla glue in the holes. It was a bear to fix if a hinge needed to be replaced but it saved a bunch of aggravation. I think at one time or another every cabinet door came off in my hand.

golf_bears
04-10-2014, 07:44 AM
Remove the screws, put some wood glue into the screw holes, stick a piece of tooth pick in the hole, put screws back in and snug them up. It will stay in place for a long time, longer than you'll own the RV.

bubbagin
04-10-2014, 09:02 PM
Anyone had experience fixing cabinet door hinge falling off. Tried to put it back and tighten the screw but fell off again.

Thanks for the suggestions. We will be trying the Gorilla Glue.

wingnut60
04-10-2014, 11:16 PM
it will work much better with a toothpick stuck in the hole WITH the glue and cut off even with the edge of the wood.
Joe

golf_bears
04-11-2014, 08:45 AM
I would be reluctant to use Gorilla Glue. It expands as it dries out and could distort the alignment of the hinges.

netjam
04-11-2014, 04:23 PM
Did every door in mine with Gorilla glue and it worked perfectly, but the toothpick and white glue would be more forgiving and make it easier to back out the srews at a later date.