PDA

View Full Version : cracked entry door

tmoore2484
03-30-2014, 03:15 PM
I have a 2011 Keystone Avalanche. I purchased it used. My entry door has several cracks running horizontal starting approx. 2 feet from the bottom all the way to the top. The bottom one is a good 1/8 inch wide the others are just cracks. Been told I would have to replace entire door not just the inside panel. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

tmoore2484
03-31-2014, 07:32 AM
I have a 2011 Keystone Avalanche 38 ft fifth wheel. Purchased used. The entrance door on the inside has 6 to 8 cracks from side to side from two feet from the bottom to the top. The bottom crack is approx. 1/8 inch wide the rest are just cracks. Has anyone ever seen this happen or have an idea of a reason and can just the inside panel be replaced the outside is fine.

wingnut60
03-31-2014, 09:21 AM
If the door frame is not welded metal, can it be disassembled and the inside panel replaced with your choice of some other material? Some of these doors are 'sandwiches' of filler and outside paneling, but the paneling itself may be glued to the filler and can't be peeled off.
Or you could try Colaw RV Salvave in Carthage, MO, for a possible identical replacement.
Haven't heard of this happening before...
Joe

tmoore2484
03-31-2014, 12:42 PM
If the door frame is not welded metal, can it be disassembled and the inside panel replaced with your choice of some other material? Some of these doors are 'sandwiches' of filler and outside paneling, but the paneling itself may be glued to the filler and can't be peeled off.
Or you could try Colaw RV Salvave in Carthage, MO, for a possible identical replacement.
Haven't heard of this happening before...
Joe
Thanks I think I'm going to try to replace inside panel with a shower panel from Home Depot.

wingnut60
03-31-2014, 08:35 PM
That would be my first thought also. Getting the door off might be a problem if the door/frame are sort of one piece...
Joe

tmoore2484
04-01-2014, 06:39 AM
That would be my first thought also. Getting the door off might be a problem if the door/frame are sort of one piece...
JoeI hope to be able to do it in place