PDA

View Full Version : FW for Alaska

aksc
02-16-2014, 07:30 AM
I want to buy a FW to take to Alaska next summer. I don't really want to get a truck bigger than an F250-350 no dually. Thanks for your input.

wingnut60
02-16-2014, 07:52 PM
You are probably going to be limited in you selection if you don't want to overload the rear axle, or the gross weight rating.
Will this be your first fifth wheel?
Joe

aksc
02-22-2014, 09:07 AM
You are probably going to be limited in you selection if you don't want to overload the rear axle, or the gross weight rating.
Will this be your first fifth wheel?
Joe. Sorry for the late response I've been gone for awhile. This will be my first fifthwheel I have a 45 Ft. class a now and I'm hoping this will be a simpler way travel. There are just two of us so it doesn't have to be huge, just nice I want a W/D and an electric fridge.

wingnut60
02-22-2014, 07:45 PM
Possibly take a look at the Open Range lineup--friends of ours have a 2500 GMC and pull a 34RLTS with washer/dryer combo. It stood up very well to our AK trip in 2011. They are only slightly overweight on the truck rear axle.
Don't know about the electric (you mean residential, don't you) fridge--they offer one, but maybe not in the size you are thinking about.

Joe

wingnut60
02-22-2014, 07:53 PM
Also, not sure about the "simpler way to travel" We made the trip in our 450/36' Suites with no problem whatsoever as to finding places to stop/stay. Also saw many of the DPs with tag axles along the way.
Joe