PDA

View Full Version : Sears Kenmore Washer for Mobile Suites

BHB
12-02-2013, 07:11 PM
Is anyone using the Sears Kenmore Washer in there DRV trailers .
I met a couple in N.Y. State in the Catskills and they had a Kenmore washer with a slide out bracket that locked and I can not find this bracket any place.
PLEASE IF YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS BRACKET CALL ME
HERB 586-295-2013
The washer is a Kenmore Top Loader

hitchup
12-03-2013, 11:04 AM
We had a top loading Kenmore in our 2006 Elite Suite. It was factory installed. I know some Suite owners are opting for the Kenmore/Whirlpool vs Splendide front loaders.

It was similar to this one.

http://inventorspot.com/inventions/appliance_slide_9601

Army Guy
12-04-2013, 08:19 AM
we have the whirlpool with the slide out bracket. I believe it came from factory. we love the slide out feature. Washer is a top load so the slide out bracket is a must. :)

billr
12-04-2013, 05:11 PM
Sorry, no info on the slide unit for the washer that DRV used. But you could get one like this http://www.powergearus.com/products/trays

I used them for a genny compartment and a tool chest. It would work fine for a washer too. You decide on the length req and the capacity for wt and install the rails and add a top to place the washer. Easy install

We have the front load Whirlpool washer and 110V dryer. No slide req. Dryer is on a shelf about a foot above the washer. Both units are good. We use them a lot.

Bill

javandebunte
03-03-2017, 01:47 PM
Have Kenmore washer in 2005 RL3 on slide out bracket. Does anyone know how to remove washer from bracket for service purposes? I know there are 4 bolts holding the washer on at the corners, but there is no way to reach the rear bolts.

javandebunte

wingnut60
03-04-2017, 08:12 AM
To BHB,
I believe I have a set of the slides from when I changed from top to front loading washer. Will look for them if you are interested.
To javandebunte,
I had to do just that--if I recall correctly, it was a REALLY tight area and connected with a Robertson head wood screw. I would not want to repeat the process, but it can be done--seems to me I pulled the washer out and used a blanket over the top while I leaned in and over the back. This after the dryer was out...