PDA

View Full Version : Buying in eastern TX, which month for best inventory/price?

SuiteShopping
10-04-2013, 05:09 PM
Shopping for USED full-timing 34' to 42' full-timer quality fifth-wheel which will stay in Texas and wonder if now (October) will tend to mean the best pricing time-of-year and the best selection....or will November or early December be better?

OPTIONAL DETAILS if you need them to answer:

I don't care about luxury per se but do want quality construction which will tend to reduce outside ambient noise. (So the same full-timer brands which tend to mean good insulation are probably what I need. I will probably select an Excel, Carriage, Nu-Wa, or DRV but possibly a Heartland or Newmar. [I rarely see a New Horizons but would consider it also.])

This will be full-time, all-season living for me (but very little time on the road) so I would like to emulate conventional stick-home living as much as that can be possible in a fifth-wheel---and highway handling, weight, and travel durability are not my priorities. [Indeed, I add whatever skirting and supplementary insulation and shade I need. Will probably add a permanent sun-shade structure after a while.]

So based upon the brands and tiers which are in my focus, what can you tell me about the timing of the used market for favorable price and generous inventory?