PDA

View Full Version : ON/OFF Rocker Switch in Outside Shower Bay?

golf_bears
09-28-2013, 01:15 PM
OK, having a little memory lost today. I have an on/off rocker switch in the outside bay where the outside shower and tank dump valve handles are. Who remembers what it is for?

anijet
09-28-2013, 01:51 PM
Second switch for the 12vdc water pump. In case you need to turn it on to use the outside shower.

golf_bears
09-28-2013, 02:46 PM
anijet,

I was sitting outside in the sun and it came to me, the water pump!!!!!

I was just coming in to let folks know I figured it out but you beat me to it.

Thanks for the help.

Army Guy
09-29-2013, 10:26 AM
When I turn switch, nothing happens?

golf_bears
09-29-2013, 11:34 AM
Army Guy,

Probably because the water lines are already pressurized? To test, shut off city water, leave pump off, open a faucet to drop pressure then go out and turn the pump switch on. Also turn on the outside shower. Pump should kit in from the outside switch and deliver water through the outside shower faucet.

terry and jo
09-29-2013, 02:16 PM
This last winter I began using the fresh water tank for water when it would bet down to freezing or below. I'd go outside and turn off the city water and drain those hoses and then hook them back up.

When I turned on the switch in the compartment, nothing happens until water is "on demand" and then the pump runs. On ours, it only runs when needed, so unless a faucet is open, the pump won't operate. Also, when I turn on the outside switch for the pump, I do NOT have to turn on the one for the pump inside the "closet" by the door.

Our Mobile Suites is a 2010, if that makes any difference.

Terry