PDA

View Full Version : GFI Won't Reset

sprehoda
09-19-2013, 06:00 PM
The GFI outlet in the bathroom will not reset. I have tried pushing the reset button in the breaker box but the 20 amp switch will not stay up.

Can anyone help me?

Steve Prehoda

RickandJanice
09-19-2013, 07:33 PM
We had this issue just after our unit was out of warranty a few years ago. On our unit, I also found the outlets in the cabinet above the bed also quit working, and then the breaker in the box started throwing after resetting the GFI several time. After allot of investigation, I found the wire for the outlets in the slide had not been routed correctly and had become pinched between the slide rails. There was plenty of extra wire so I was able to cut out the bad section, and reroute it below the rail where it belonged. You can get to this area by taking the small access panel loose under the bed. Since you are under warranty, I would suggest you either take it to the dealer or call DRV and get permission to take it to the closest RV repair shop and tell them to check this wire first just to speedup the trouble shooting process.

Cheif 2
09-20-2013, 06:55 AM
Check the exterior compartment where your water connection and valve handles are. If the outlet there gets water in it from hooking up hoses or flushing tanks it will case the GFI to trip. I usually just blow it out and it takes care of the problem. Let us know what you find.

porkchop
09-23-2013, 09:41 AM
The button on the breaker IS NOT a reset button. It is a TEST button. When you push it, it trips the breaker. Just cycle the breaker from on to off and back to on.

Bill