PDA

View Full Version : DRV Paint Quality

octanemaniac
09-18-2013, 10:19 AM
As we approach a purchase decision, we are curious about the quality of exterior paint and finish. Does anyone know what type of paint is used (we forgot to ask during the factory tour)? What is your experience with maintaining its appearance over time? Any issues?

Thanks!

Motor31
09-18-2013, 11:03 AM
Still have an 05. The paint is still looking fine. The decals on the front cap are pretty wasted. Not much you can do about them as they weather and dry from sun exposure.

Carny Bill
09-18-2013, 11:24 AM
They use commerical sherwin Williams base coat, clear coat
Good paint, used by many companies. I have purchased touch up paint over the years for some dinges I made. It shoots well

Gemstone
09-18-2013, 02:53 PM
Our '06 still looks good, no issues.

octanemaniac
09-19-2013, 06:29 AM
Thanks for the replies!

GlennWest
09-20-2013, 02:51 PM
My front cap only issue with mine. Rest looks good. It dull and decals faded and starting to come off.

Jack in Alaska
09-23-2013, 01:56 AM
My end caps got pretty dull but a PolyGlo treatment made them look like new again. Decals are fine.
The painted portion of my side walls look almost new yet but the unpainted white part is getting dull. Maybe a PolyGlo job on them soon.
The calked seams are drying out and cracking. They need re-doing soon.

Okie
09-24-2013, 02:50 PM
I had a problem with my front and back caps chalking up from constant hot sun exposure. The sides were starting to chalk up also. I used Zeps wet-look floor finish from Lowes on the caps and it brought the shine back and the decals back to life. After I saw what it did to the caps I did the sides with it also. She's back to looking new. Made a trip south to go fishing, driving down in the rain and back in the bugs. All cleaned off with a damp rag. The bugs just wiped off. So far I am real pleased, no effects from the sun like I would have from regular wax. Prepping for the Zeps was a pain in the butt but the application was very easy.

Okie