PDA

View Full Version : Waterpressure issue in 2007 32tk3

bacardiron
08-17-2013, 01:28 PM
Do the Drv's have a built in water pressure regulator? We just got a new unit and replaced the water filter and things were ok for a while, not great pressure but ok. Then it decreased to a trickle. I took off our water pressure regulator and the pressure is great. I don't want to damage the plumbing though with not having a pressure regulator at the tap. The park has 50psi pressure. Is this ok for our unit?

netjam
08-17-2013, 10:03 PM
Might move this question to DRV topic to get more replies. In any event unless added by a previous owner there is no onboard water pressure regulator. I think they are supposed to pressure test the trailer plumbing to over 100psi so you should be OK. In my 07 Elite Suite the plumbing leaked a lot (the flexible rubber garden hose type outlet from the pump was especially leak prone) so I always used an outside regulator set at 40 or below. I tried never to use the pump as it would almost always overpressure the system and cause a leak. I think mine was unusual in that regard as others never seemed to have the leaks mine did.

RickandJanice
08-19-2013, 08:16 PM
Check the screens on the ends of the faucets and in the shower heads. We were having a similar problem with presser continuing to drop, and I found "grains" of calcium in all of the screens. Cleaned them out and pressure was restored.

westx
08-20-2013, 08:12 AM
Sound like bad pressure regular. If it a in line one they will do that get a good Watts reg.