PDA

View Full Version : Preventing/slowing roof oxidation

Gemstone
07-15-2013, 09:27 AM
On the pebbled surface of the fiberglass roof, what have others used ? Getting the residue out of the pebbled surface could be a big PITA....

I'm considering this product: Meguiars (http://www.boatbandit.com/meguiars-fiberglass-oxidation-removal-system-3142.aspx?gclid=CNmEhaTZsbgCFWNxQgod2zkAcw)

Thanks
Gemstone

Gemstone
07-20-2013, 09:53 PM
So, after 130 views and no replies, I'm gathering no one has applied a wax or other product to the pebbled portion of the fiberglass roof....thanks for lookin'.

Regards
Gemstone

Motor31
07-21-2013, 11:05 AM
Got the rubber roof here, can't help ya, sorry. My guess would be to treat it like any other waxable surface but watch out if you have to go up and walk on it later on. It might turn into a "slip an slide".

Carny Bill
07-21-2013, 11:36 AM
Might try liquid floor wax (a light coat)

golf_bears
07-21-2013, 12:46 PM
I have the fiberglass roof as you do. I just wash it with soap and water and use a long handle scrub brush. On my roof the black stuff is just dirt embedded in the pebbled surface. The brush gets most of it off. If I wanted to get it all off I think it would need to be scrubbed with a firm bristle hand brush.

I may try it one of these years but it would be a lot of work. I'm not quite ready to work that hard at it yet.

westx
07-22-2013, 08:54 AM
Several of our friends with motorhomes with fiberglass roof uses Mop and Glow. They think it the greatest thing since slice bread.