Gillesm
05-27-2013, 05:26 PM
Did we finally fix all the suites?
A week with no post and no complaints.

Cummins12V98
05-27-2013, 11:50 PM
Did we finally fix all the suites?
A week with no post and no complaints.

This place has gotten pretty darn boring!

wingnut60
05-28-2013, 02:35 PM
Seems like all the activity moved over to the SOITC site...
Joe

billr
05-28-2013, 05:22 PM
Seems like all the activity moved over to the SOITC site...
Joe

Thats to bad, I prefer this site. It all started here. I also like to support Mike.

Bill

Stripit
05-28-2013, 06:05 PM
Thats to bad, I prefer this site. It all started here. I also like to support Mike.

Bill

Nah, it actually started on the Yahoo Groups site. Go back & read some of the earliest posts there about leaking showers, weights, & other issues that seem to be common to all rv's. That's where all the planning for the very first rally took place. A bunch of us 'crashed' that party that year, @ Twin Mills Resort in Howe, IN. Betty & Larry might remember more names than I can. Maybe Judy & Henry; who else???

(Nothing against Mike) :)

wingnut60
05-28-2013, 09:56 PM
I feel that the SOITC site is drawing most of the newer owners with the new units. I too like this one best, but guess we are becoming a minority.
Joe

Gemstone
05-29-2013, 07:30 AM
"I feel that the SOITC site is drawing most of the newer owners"....

Maybe it's time to raid the other site...let 'em know the grass is greener on this side of the fence...since I refuse to visit that site, it keeps me out of the raiding party...

I'm still waiting for better weather before I tackle the pocket door....lotsa liquid sunshine in Oregon...however I did find this interesting website while looking for track ideas...they also have the elusive stovetop grommets.

over 500,000 parts (http://www.mcmaster.com/#)

Regards
Gemstone

billr
05-29-2013, 11:26 AM

Bill

Nah, it actually started on the Yahoo Groups site. Go back & read some of the earliest posts there about leaking showers, weights, & other issues that seem to be common to all rv's. That's where all the planning for the very first rally took place. A bunch of us 'crashed' that party that year, @ Twin Mills Resort in Howe, IN. Betty & Larry might remember more names than I can. Maybe Judy & Henry; who else???

(Nothing against Mike) :)

Hey Stacey,

I forgot about the Google group. Yes indeed it was there first. Our first rally was the SOITC very first in 06. We were newbies in the Suite that spring.(not to 5th wheels) Where we met you guys!! Then we kept running into folks from that rally all over the place. That continues today! Remember the "Itty Bitty" truck???

Bill

Stripit
05-29-2013, 07:26 PM
Remember the "Itty Bitty" truck???

Sure do! I cringed when I had to tell you the numbers. I worried that you'd punch me out! That was the year everyone found out that cleaning the a/c return filters would actually let the a/c work properly. Who was it that bought a new a/c & needed our truck to hoist it up to the roof & then found out that a dirty filter was the culprit????

The Twin Mills rally was actually the year before the SOITC 1st/Charter rally, that Bonnie Fogg & Wayne & Carol Rothwell organized. The Michigan group (Fun N Sun, about 20-25 members), were trying to get a MS-only group to form a club & a few of us "outsiders" finagled our way in. We were from MI at the time, so we were OK; but Betty & Larry were from that foreign state of MO & Judy & Henry were from some other weird place.....

billr
05-29-2013, 09:04 PM
I do remember the mingled clubs! We showed up in Frankenmuth MI for the Sun and Fun rally one year.

The AC deal was Vickie and Barry with the two big dogs! They were next to us.

jaoneil
05-31-2013, 06:18 PM
Hey, Henry and Judy are not from a weird place. We are from Minnesota. Yes we were at that rally at Twin Pines or something like that. We had a great time but I think others thought we were crashing their party. We have been to all rallies except the Canada one last year. Excited to see everyone again.