PDA

View Full Version : Leaking shower hose

Suitedream
12-07-2012, 08:34 AM
Just bought a beautiful 2012 Mobile Suite 38 RESB3 last week and I have a couple of questions. When I turn on my shower, water sprays out of the connection to the hose where the turn off valves are for hot and cold. Has anyone had this problem? Also, I've noticed that I only have two dining room chairs. Seems like I remember seeing two more stored under the beds of other units that I looked at. If so, i'm missing the other two. This is not really a big deal, since its just the two of us, but if we have anyone over for dinner, it could be an issue.
Thanks for your help

Motor31
12-07-2012, 10:06 AM
IIRC DRV stored some of the folding chairs in the closet area. If they are not there you might want to contact the dealer and ask where they are or if they were left out of the rig.

47hook
12-07-2012, 04:49 PM
I believe the extra chairs are "optional" = extra cost. Have you tried disconnecting the hose and checking if there is a rubber washer there?

Suitelife
12-07-2012, 08:45 PM
Don't bother with their chairs. Go pick better/stronger chairs somewhere else. One of ours broke the first week. We tossed them in the trash.

Carny Bill
12-07-2012, 10:22 PM
Yes chairs are extra

Suitedream
12-08-2012, 08:27 AM
Thanks for the info about the chairs. I think i'll pick my own like you suggested. As far as the shower leak, there's a white fitting that the hose for the shower head attaches to. This is where the leak is. When I first turn on the shower, it sprays me in the face, until the hose is filled with water, then it stops. I think there could be a o-ring missing, but not sure how to take this loose. Gonna look at it closer this weekend.
Again, thanks for the responses

golf_bears
12-08-2012, 08:28 AM
Things must of changed since 2008 when we bought our unit. Then, the dinette set came with four chairs. What some folks did was keep two of the chairs and swap the other two for similar folding chairs.

47hook
12-08-2012, 09:16 AM
Sounds like the water is coming from the vacuum break which is designed to allow water to flow out of the shower hose once you're finished.

Suitedream
12-08-2012, 11:31 AM
So, what would the fix possibly be for this, if its designed to have water run out? I'll try to post a pic later when I get home

wingnut60
12-08-2012, 11:44 AM
Is this a new unit? or used?
Almost all of the current models feature only a table/dinette storage and 2 chairs.
Are the new shower controls much different now than my '05? Are they more like a residence shower? 'Cause my shower control doesn't have a vacuum breaker of any kind--to drain the hose, you have to lower the head and let it run out or unscrew the hose from the control.
Joe

Suitedream
12-08-2012, 03:13 PM
Its a 2012 38 resb3. The table is for two, but slides out to sit four

47hook
12-09-2012, 10:14 AM
Might have mislead you on the vacum break, although it still might be. When I look at mine water just kind of dribbles out of the shower head after it is turned off, didn't notice any at the hose connection. You might have a pinched or missing washer or it could be cracked. In my 07 I pulled the assembly off for the on/off valves and it was a one piece item so yours might just be defective. I bet DRV would send you another one under warranty...give it a try. But really, you are in the shower to get wet, so what's your problem! :lol:

Jack in Alaska
01-04-2013, 12:33 AM
Our MS came with four chairs for the table plus two folding chairs in the closet. No extra charge. All chairs in good shape after 8 yrs. and I am a 300 pounder.

Motor31
01-04-2013, 11:21 AM
The actual shower hose has no vacuum break in it. It is just a polymer hose connecting the water valves to the shower head. You can get a replacement at an RV supply store or some hardware stores. I replaced the RV shower head and hose in our rig years ago with a hardware store shower head. Just pick one that is a reduced flow to help save water. Ours is also one of the so called water massage styles with multiple options for spray.

I replaced the outside shower hose this year. The fitting where it connect to the shower head had cracked, simple cheap plastic. It took all of 30 seconds to replace with one from the hardware store I had on hand. Heck even wally world has the same kind of stuff in their shower section. Most of the stuff in RV's ain't rocket science or DRV wouldn't even figure out how to put air in the tires.

Gemstone
01-04-2013, 12:48 PM
"Most of the stuff in RV's ain't rocket science or DRV wouldn't even figure out how to put air in the tires"....Way to go Mike, I needed a laugh this morning....

Regards
Gemstone

Motor31
01-05-2013, 09:32 AM
Yeah well, how many Amish have you seen in Nasa lately???????