PDA

View Full Version : 2008 F450 brake controller

bacardiron
11-26-2012, 01:25 AM
Is the brake controller that comes stock on the F450 compatable with the brakes on a 2007 MS TK3 ? I believe the brakes on the trailer are electric assisted hydraulic discs.

wingnut60
11-26-2012, 08:13 AM
You need to find out from DRV what type of disc/hydraulic brake system is on your trailer. There have been numerous mentions of problems with Ford controllers and DRV electric-over-hydraulic systems. Usually cured with an optional gadget called an HBA-Cam?
I will bet someone soon will chime in with the correct name for it. I believe that Carlisle is the brand of the controller?
Joe

And, technically, a 450 is still a 'light-duty' truck, but a good choice to pull the Suites trailers.

netjam
11-26-2012, 10:29 AM
My 07 Elite Suite would not work with my 08 F-450. Tried everything, even the Carlisle Hab-cam, before installing the prodigy brake controller. I think it depends on the actuator in the trailer. Mine was the plastic one by Actibrake. Talked to the engineers at Carlisle and Actibrake. The Hba-cam is NOT compatable with the Actibrake actuator but works great if you have a Carlisle actuator in the trailer. If you have the plastic Actibrake actuator in the trailer basement, I would replace it with the Carlisle. Actibrake is defunct and there have been many failures.

vvoo222
01-02-2013, 10:43 AM
Hello guys..i think disc brake is good for the trailer because its heavy duty trailer and disc brake is essential for the trailer which is good for the trailer..for the disc brake no problem occured during the heavy roads...