PDA

View Full Version : Follow up on Track Lights

wwc
10-16-2012, 03:55 PM
I last posted about kitchen switch getting hot when the 3-50watt Halogen track lights in the kitchen were on. Gemstone gave me a web site for LED lights. I called and talked to a gentleman named Austin at LED Global Supply and ended up buying 3 9watt LED bulbs. First off the switch is not getting hot, as it is not even getting warm. You cannot tell the difference between being on or off with these bulbs. I bought the white version and let me tell you they are white. My wife thinks they are fine, but to me they are so bright white that the light is harsh. I called Auustin back at LED Global Supply and explained my situation and asked if he had a problem with me ordering 3 of the warm white bulbs to see the difference. I was shocked when he told me that he wanted his customers to be happy and that he would send me three of the warm white bulbs to try at no charge. All I have to do, is decide which three I want and call him and get a return auth. #. to send back the 3 bulbs that I do not want. Folks this is the best customer service I have had in a long time if ever. Again I was given this web site by Gemstone and I have nothing what so ever to do with this company. Just wanted to pass along this information about the lights and the customer service. Also for Motorcycle Jack, you are correct that I have not taken down my track and cleaned it. I am sure it needs it. I may clean it one of these days, once I get enough courage to try and take it down.

wingnut60
10-17-2012, 01:16 PM
While I did not get my LEDs from Global, I will surely try them when I need some others.
We have all the interior lights replaced except for 2 fluorescent fixtures.
If you haven't tried the LED for the fluorescent lights, you need to--each of my overhead living/bedroom fixtures has 2 bulbs each and there are 6 of them. I used only ONE LED in ONE fixture in the living room and it puts out more light than the 3 combined. I used the Starlight Revolution T8-18 and now only need one light on in the LR.
I am now getting much longer life on battery charges when drycamping.
Joe

RonS
10-18-2012, 10:48 AM
wingnut - where did you get the LED bulbs for the fluorescent fixtures, local Home Depot did not know what I was talking about. But then it was just a young lad.

wingnut60
10-18-2012, 02:01 PM
You will almost never find 12 volt lighting at hardware stores, at least those that will work in an RV.

The ones I have are by Star Lights, Inc. Revolution T8-18 replacement LED bulb is description.

http://www.starlightsinc.com/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=38&idcategory=

You are only going to find it in an up-to-date RV supply store--I never saw one except in a store in American Fork, UT, on my trip to CA/AK and back, when I looked. Try online is best I can suggest.

Camping World locally does not have them. Price is going to be around $45/each, tho, but last one you will have to buy. Save old bulb in case you sell the RV--and take them with you.

Joe

Gemstone
10-19-2012, 08:00 AM
wwc....

Thanks for the product report....good to know the company is customer focused.

Regards
Gemstone