PDA

View Full Version : Nightstand Height?

sprehoda
10-13-2012, 08:38 AM
I will be ordering a new Elite soon and will purchase a memory foam mattress from Costco for it. They come from 8" to 13" thick.

What is the height of the nightstand above the bed platform?

I would like the mattress to not be higher than the nightstand.

Steve Prehoda

Gemstone
10-13-2012, 10:17 AM
Not sure how relevant it is, but on our '06 the bedside nightstand is 19" off the platform, 26" off the floor...slightly lower than the 13" mattress we are using which is about 28" off the floor..

Good move to order the rig without the cheap factory mattress....we did also.

Why not wait until you get the rig, measure, then purchase the mattress
accordingly ?

Regards
Gemstone

hitchup
10-14-2012, 01:49 PM
Good move to order the rig without the cheap factory mattress....we did also.

Elites now come with Comfort Air's standard. But you don't get much of a credit if you choose a regular 'pillowtop'.

The platform on our SB is 11" lower than the top of the side tables. We replaced our 8" from the factory after 2 yrs with a 10" Denver Mattress. It sits slightly higher than the side tables with a foam topper and mattress pad. Which is good, since I don't knock my elbows rolling over in bed.

jcasey
10-14-2012, 02:52 PM
While measurement from platform to the top of the side table could be helpful, remember to measure from the foot-end of the platform to the bottom edge of the vanity---that is where the thickness of the mattress comes into play. If too thick, the mattress will not slide under the vanity when you bring in the bedroom slideout---assuming your bedroom layout is the same as our 2011.