PDA

View Full Version : Power programer for a 6.0 vortec

74vette
10-09-2012, 09:43 PM
I have a 2007 2500HD CC with a 6.0 Vortec and a six speed transmission. I pull a 8,500 pound 5th wheel. The truck pulls well and gets 10+ mpg on average. Are programers worth the money and if so, which ones are the best for pulling power.

Thanks,

wingnut60
10-10-2012, 07:48 AM
My experience with a programmer for a gas engine was for a Ford V10--really did nothing except cause me to have to use premium fuel to prevent preignition--most of the timers for gassers do little else but advance the spark timing, IMO.
Others have reported better results than I got;
Joe

budsy47
06-09-2013, 09:44 AM
Forget most or all of the programmers....give a shout to BlackBear or go to blackbearperformance.com. He will tune your truck to your specs...you can get a generic tune or he will go with you and u drive your truck with him having it hooked to his laptop....he will record everything about your truck, then tune it for best mpg, power, trq and best driveability. You want to wake up the detuned vortec......he is your man. Every truck is different and he will tune for yours. Did my 07 classic 1500HD with the 6.0....idles way better, better 2-3 mpg, better throttle response, better shifting and oh boy when you step on it....well it just pulls and pulls....watch the wife grab the dash lol.